Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Potential Ghosting - Image Persistance (temporary only)

Viklad

Some Experience
Hi All,

Recently, maybe a week ago my screen started burning in images of previous windows into the background, this is strictly temporary, allowing the monitor to go to screensaver resolves the issue but it quickly returns (after about 10 mins). in addition if im playing a game while a image is persisting it will eventually fade and be replaced by the elements of the UI on the active screen. best way to describe this, think playing league of legends it will burn in/ghost/ image persistence the UI of the game (the mini map, the ability bar) but not the map itself as that is constantly moving.
In addition to this there is also a very bizarre pixel issue occurring, the monitor resolution seems really bad and you can visibly see the pixels, i included some screenshots of this, but im not sure if the photo does it justice,

For resolutions im at a lose as i havent seen much for what id call temporary screen ghosting, any cures i have found havent done anything to resolve the issue, ive tried not using the screen for days, flashing vibrant colours of hours., using a screen saver and playing with all the settings of the monitor to no avail, Therefore im coming to you guys, the experts for answers: can you diagnose what is happening to my screen, and can you offer any solutions to repair it.

Update: half the screen just started flashing black and i had to turn off the screen for 20 mins while writing this to stop it flashing. no Screenshots of this sadly

Screen is a Gigabyte M27F 144 hz

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply

Best
Viklad

Attachments

• Capture 2.PNG
    Capture 2.PNG
    978.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Capture 3.PNG
    Capture 3.PNG
    993.5 KB · Views: 0
Not sure if this will be of any help as I've not experienced this situation, but if this were to happen to me I'd be taking a look at the screen setting, reducing contrast and brightness to see if the problem still continued. Also I'd consider the possibility of a graphics card defect and be returning the screen if still in the warrantee time.
Good luck.

That is an odd problem!

I would suggest booting into Safe Mode to see if the problem persists. If the problem persists, then the screen is probably at fault.

Can you test the screen with another PC?

Back