Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

[Solved] Photo app opening and then immediately closing

CKiss

Some Experience
Hello everyone,

I have a client who uses the Windows Photos app on his computer. When it opens it displays a blank/black screen and then closes straight away.

Does anyone know how to fix this please?

Hello again,

Panic over! I have fixed the problem. After a day or two trying everything the internet could throw at me, I resorted to phoning a some local IT guys. After a few exchanges one of the guys sent me here how to troubleshoot Microsoft Photos in Windows and suggested that I check for app updates. A few clicks later and the problem was solved.

I am still a little disappointed that none of the many articles I read suggested this simple solution.

Hope this helps someone else.

Thank you for posting the update. I am sure somebody will make use of it 👍

Back