Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Windows really slow opening programs and now I can't install anything

RustyKnight

FPCH Member
Very Experienced
Sorry for not being here for a long time.

For the last few days my Windows 10 PC, which has run perfectly for the last 2 years, has been very slow opening programs. Some things open quickly but others take forever. Another problem is when I right click a file it takes ages for the menu to appear.

Another problem, I tried installing OpenShot, it told me there was an update. I run the installer but once I get to the actual installation the installer stops responding. I've rebooted and tried again but it is the same every time.

Have Microsoft done something to force me to upgrade to Windows 11?

I ended up having to do a factory reset, sadly now I can't get my Windows 10 to work how it used to. All my documents, etc. were on a separate drive to the Windows C: drive but I can't figure out how to change them back.

Back