Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Disappearing folders

joddle

Free PC Help Contributor
Some Experience
I have two pcs connected on a local network - both run w10 pro 64 bit. On one machine I do all my basic work and the other acts as a backup machine. On the backup machine I have a 4tb HDD which is where my backup files are stored. On my main work machine I have three smaller HDD drives, each for a different type of work which I back up to the second machine periodically. On the large HDD of the backup machine I have created three folders to correspond to the three drives which are backed up from the first machine and have mapped to each folder so I can run a simple scripts to perform backups when I want. When I created the folders on the large HDD all was OK but once I have mapped to it from the working machine the folders all "dissappeared" although they are still there and I can backup to them OK - but why cannot I now "see" the folders on the drive of my backup machine? I can access them if I create a link to them "eg "d:\backup1" but they simply do not show on the normal explorer window. Why?

Back