Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

PSU Problem

NeonPringle

Some Experience
Hi, i hope this is the right forum for this.

A few weeks ago i had a problem with my PC. the company i bought it from said they would fix it. it arrived back yesterday, i plugged it in and BANG a loud noise came from the computer and a flash.

I told them what had happened and they said there had been a problem with the power supply and they had replaced it and checked it and say it sounded like the power supply had blown due to power surge and asked if i used a power surge protector.

I've never used a power surge protector on this PC or my previous PC. does this sound right? should i buy a power surge protector and do i need a specific one?

Thanks for any help

Back