Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Size of Australia comparison to Europe.

DSTM

FPCH Long Term Member
Some Experience
For those Members, who have never been to OZ,we are an Island,and this gives you an idea, of the size,compared to Europe.:)

ifvnv8.jpg

That's not an island, that's a continent.
Although Australia also meets the definition of an island (a piece of land surrounded by water), it is large enough to be considered its own continent.
So by definition,it can be considered both.

Last edited:
LOL
It is a very large island isn't it? It definitely dwarfs most of Europe. How long would it take to do a complete "walk about"? LOL

Suspect visitors to your Country may be as confused as to it's true size as they often are when visiting Canada, DSTM - huge smile!

(Can honestly remember when relatives from England actually packed a suitcase when they heard we were driving 200 miles to show them our Canyon. To us, it's a day trip).

Wonder what it costs to fly from one side of your Country to the other? Here, it costs considerable more to fly across Canada than, for instance, to Europe.

Holy **** Doug.

I'm very well educated in such things (or so I thought).

I have no words to say as I keep scrolling back to your original post that shows Australia devouring all of Europe.

BTW- Did I ever tell you that I want to move to AU or NZ?

Suspect visitors to your Country may be as confused as to it's true size as they often are when visiting Canada, DSTM - huge smile!

(Can honestly remember when relatives from England actually packed a suitcase when they heard we were driving 200 miles to show them our Canyon. To us, it's a day trip).

Wonder what it costs to fly from one side of your Country to the other? Here, it costs considerable more to fly across Canada than, for instance, to Europe.

Seth grumbles at the lack of details and continues to pursue a purely Canadian technical support site.

Seth, suspect a "purely Canadian technical support site" may well be impossible - if one believes my American friends (grin!) - who maintain we "Canadians are so laid-back even computer problems don't cause gray hair!"

Australia is, without doubt, one of the places that I wish we'd visited when we were jaunting around - drat, drat! But then again, apparently you've got HUGE snakes there, Doug - eeeeeek!

I have never seen that pic before - thats amazing in terms of the scale of Australia - I knew it was big, but I never saw a comparison that put it to scale like that Doug - Amazed :eek:

Seth moving to AU or NZ - isn't that a huge climate change, Seth I pictured you wearing those huge lumberjack jackets and arctic clothing lol

When I retire I want to move to Canada - I love the cold :D

lol - Seth in AU - he needs to be more bothered about:-

DEADLY spiders
CROKS (OBVIOUSLY DEADLY :D)
DEADLY snakes
SHARKS (no Seth not inland :p they have not evolved that much)
to name just a few - :eek:
LMAO

Seth, suspect a "purely Canadian technical support site" may well be impossible - if one believes my American friends (grin!) - who maintain we "Canadians are so laid-back even computer problems don't cause gray hair!"

Australia is, without doubt, one of the places that I wish we'd visited when we were jaunting around - drat, drat! But then again, apparently you've got HUGE snakes there, Doug - eeeeeek!

Not really huge,but deadly,Mara. They dont bother you, unless you provoke them, or surprise them.Here is one that was caught in an Electiric fence, here recently, that was eating the new born Lambs.This is extremely rare.

b6f1ja.jpg

31312df.jpg

I have seen that before - NICE :eek:
I have seen plenty that have half consumed humans in them too :eek:

I will remain in the most taxed country, we have snakes too but they mostly reside in government :rolleyes:

OZ, is still the best Country,Dalo
You seldom see snakes.
When Mara told me, Brown Bears walk past her house in Canada,Daily,I was in shock to hear it.Such a potentially deadly wild animal outside your house.:eek:
What does worry me here, is in the Gardens in Sydney,we have deadly Funnel Web Spiders.They are aggressive, and can jump short distances.
I did post that Snake pic somewhere,previous,but what site escapes me.:)
What amazes me,is New Zealand hasn't any snakes.

Bears are very dangerous I agree - I would not like to end up being on the receiving end of a bear tearing my arm off and hitting me with the soggy end :eek: LMAO
as for spiders and snakes for such small creatures they are hard to avoid most of the time - at least you can see bears.

I would rather take my chances with a bear then a spider, bee or wasp. I'm extremely allergic to insect venom. Different creatures for different people.

Bears are very dangerous I agree - I would not like to end up being on the receiving end of a bear tearing my arm off and hitting me with the soggy end :eek: LMAO
as for spiders and snakes for such small creatures they are hard to avoid most of the time - at least you can see bears.

Agreed.I would not like to meet a Bear,that's having a bad day.LOL
These are our 10 most deadly creatures,but rarely would come into contact with them,unless you went looking for them.
People over dramatize,but chances of being attacked are very rare.
The 10 Most Dangerous Animals in Australia

Yeah they are all really bad - I read or watched on a geography channel or something that sea snakes are the most poisenous kind :confused:
Agreed in the fact that they are not just roaming about and you would be hard pressed to just see any near your house for example.
Still - there are animals in nearly every continent that can kill people, native or not they are there.

Back