Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

TROJAN VUNDO/ TROJAN DOWNLOADER.SUURCH

Look at the back of the computer for a sticker that says the model number. If there isn't one, you have to use a program like Everest from MajorGeeks.com - Download Freeware and Shareware Computer Utilities. to identify the motherboard, then we can get the drivers. We would also need to know if your video card is a separate add in card, or part of the motherboard.

In regards to SAS, you need to get that running as it's the most important scanner. (don't forget about posting it's log..lol).

K9VGM-V series (MS-7253 v1.x) Micro-ATX mainboard

Does that sound right???

I found the software driver disk, perfect condition except for 1 little thing..... Snapped down 1 side ggggrrrrrr lol

Here are the drivers:

MSI -- MICRO-STAR INT'L CO., LTD.

Once you have the appropriate drivers installed, go back to device manager and check that no other devices have an exclamation or question mark beside them.

Your motherboard has an onboard video connection, but do you know if you have a separate video card that's being used?

Thanks a lot seth

Im not sure about the video bit, im trying to find the receipt.

If its more expensive to have a separate video card then no, because when i had it made i told them that i wouldnt ever be playing games or watching tons of films on it or anything, all i asked for was a basic model just for surfing the net. Does it sound like it would be separate to you????

Will have a look for the drivers thanks!!!!

Hi seth

I think ive found the correct download, have downloaded it and extracted the files. When i go into it and select set-up it goes to a blue set-up screen but then says it failed to install. What have i done wrong??

Oh and now i cant find the zip folder of the driver now!!! searched all my computer and its vanished

i feel like smashing this thing up lol

What have you done wrong?

Everything since day one. You installed many programs to infect and corrupt your PC. You likely still have them too. Have you deleted these suspect programs before running the scans?

You have probably used programs to attempt to cleanup that are in themselves suspect. Many of these will do more harm then good. Spyware removal programs that are in themselves suspect and reg cleaners come to mind.

The fact that you said you ran a removal program we suggested and it could not remove three infections leads me to believe you only ran one and did not bother to run the others or remove the suspect programs first.

I could go on and on with more but with the errors and the messages you posted it seems you are still infected with basic malware that cannot be removed unless you follow all the advice given.

Even then I think everything you have done prior to coming to FPCH has not only infected your system badly but steps you took at previous attempts at cleaning have made it worse.

Even if you followed all our steps the errors you still get leads me to think you have major system errors caused by previous attempts to clean.

I would suggest that you backup everything and reinstall at this point. You have done too much damage. Upon reinstall be more carefull in the future.

Hi

I think i have nearly finished everything, i went onto microsoft updates and got what i needed, pages scroll perfectly now!!!

Checked device manager and the only item left with a YELLOW exclamation mark is the RAID controller!!

What should i do??

Hi randyl

I can see what your saying but my system is now clean, the only advice i couldnt follow was to download SAS, thats a point will try that again.

Everything is back to normal except on me desktop it says ACTIVE DESKTOP RECOVERY!!
and web pages dont show all the icons properly, does it have something to do with that RAID controller??

Thanks

You are not clean.

If you cannot download SAS you are not clean.

Do you still have those poker programs?

Why do you still have issues?

You still have corrupted Windows files.

Dump the suspect programs and get good security.

Better yet use your disks to reinstall.

I only have 3 poker programs left and they are the big major sites, i have no problem on the laptop!!

Right then, i would like to do as you advise!!

do you have a link for the best way to reinstall??

Also my software driver disk has been damaged so im not going to be able to install drivers when re installing will i??

What should i do?

Thanks randyl i appreciate the advice

Please let me stick my two cents in here.

Free PC Help really does do what we say on the tin. This is not an attack on you but we have seen time and time again where people only read or follow portions of the advice given in the hope that will do the trick. It almost never does and even when you think it has it hasn't.

It is always a good idea to look at the experience of the person who is giving you advice. Look at Seth's, Randy's and Wolfey's for example. They will not have you do anything just to keep you busy.

It is frustrating to spend time trying to help and then be "outguessed" by the person seeking help.

I was much the same when I joined Idiots. I have learned a lot from that experience hope you will as well!!

Sorry if it appears that im trying to do a quick fix, i really am trying to follow the advice thats given!! thanks beecee.

Hi randyl

Seth had earlier given me the site for my software devices,
its the K9VGM-V VIA K8M890 chipset based
designed for AMD Athlon 64/FX/X@ processors
MSI -- MICRO-STAR INT'L CO., LTD.

This is the one i selected to download 'VIA K8M890 VGA Drivers'

After downloading i selected the set-up icon but when it went to the set-up screen it came with saying unable to set-up, check progress log. Here it is:

********** S3 GRAPHICS SETUP LOG - Started 2008/11/16 12:20:31 PM **********
***** Please scroll to the end of *****
***** this document for the results. *****
S3Iset32 v2.00.23-1018B, 2.00.21-1018B (IShield 10.50.0.125)
System: Win XP SP2 Build 2600 (Service Pack 3)
Signature: 15-9956 (ANSI)
Caller cmdline: ''
SupportDir: 'C:\DOCUME~1\chris\LOCALS~1\Temp\{224EF896-F3B8-4A36-8828-BE8B8FB283EF}\{7884BF23-EFA0-474F-B855-65276B3CF183}\'
Mode: Unattended, Normal
AllowReboot: TRUE
Prompt: TRUE
SilentReboot: TRUE
Prompt: FALSE
RemoveWinINF: FALSE
PreInstFiles: FALSE
No UI Reboot: FALSE
MenuAnimOff: FALSE
MenuShadowOff: FALSE
Find VendorID: 5333
Driver INF at: C:\DOCUME~1\chris\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for VIA_K8M890_Winxp64[1].zip\VIA_K8M890_Winxp64\dc02i.inf
Find hardware code->0
Custom uninstall info: C:\WINDOWS\UChrmPro.uns
Uninst DLL: C:\PROGRA~1\VIA\UChrmPro\s3iset32.dll
Uninst Log: C:\PROGRA~1\VIA\UChrmPro\UChrmPro.uns
Reg uninst key: C:\PROGRA~1\VIA\UChrmPro\s3minset.exe /u C:\PROGRA~1\VIA\UChrmPro\UChrmPro.uns
Add. dir to remove: C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{CE5FB72F-A3A4-4520-8C0C-9175DFAF307C}
Installing VIA/S3G DeltaChrome Family Windows x64 Display...
-> Setup was unable to complete the installation. Check the progress log in your Windows directory for more details. (-1)->C:\WINDOWS\s3iscfg.log
** Installation Failed **
!! Setup was aborted !!
******** End of progress log ********

I fear that you are doing it again!

IF you have the right drivers and you are sure. Why are you trying to reinstall them on an already corrupted OS? You were asked to get the drivers in order to properly format your hard drive and not be left in the lurch without the necessary drivers.

If you are not sure if you have the correct drivers then by all means ask and make sure. But trying to simply install them without following directions doesn't make sense.

No get the drivers before you format and put them on a CD. Follow formatting instructions and install the drivers.
If you wipe the hard drive without the drivers you will probably need to get go to another PC to download.

Last edited:
i have my laptop to download and burn to disc!!

Ive put my xp disc in and it says i have to reboot to wipe everything and start again but when i do, it just starts back up as normal, what do i need to do?
Thanks

There are others on line with far more expertise in this area then I have. My advice is to do nothing except wait for that advice.

I am sure it will be forthcoming.

Back